There’s no denying that green energy has gone from being a fringe option to a viable choice for families in the Brisbane area. Not only can solar power save you a lot of money on your energy bills, but it’s so much better for the planet! That’s something we can all agree is a great motivator.
Brisbane gets a lot of sunshine, so it’s only natural that more people would be looking for sustainable power alternatives. But, with higher demand for solar power solutions, there has also been rapid growth in solar power installers – and they’re not all created equal! So, here’s what you need to know to choose the right Brisbane solar power installer for your project.
Types of Solar Power
The first thing you need to know is that there are different kinds of solar power and solar power installation.
Most people know about solar panels, which work with a solar battery bank to generate and store power. A solar panel system can supplement your municipal power supply, or you could go completely off grid, depending on the design and size of the system.
Aside from solar panels, there are also solar hot water systems, which use the power of the sun to heat water. Some of these systems are used for the hot water you use in your home, whilst others can be used for things like heating the water in your swimming pool – so you never have a chilly swim again!
Solar panel installers also do repairs and maintenance on existing solar systems. Because, while solar panels and related equipment usually last for about twenty years (or more!) they will eventually need to be replaced to keep the system working at its peak.
What Makes a Good Solar Power Installer?
Now that you know what kinds of solar power options you have, it’s time to learn a little more about what good Brisbane solar power installer should have. The following list is a checklist you can use to shortlist companies you might want to work with:
• Experience. While you don’t have to work with companies that have been around a long time, the people who are doing the solar power installations should have several years of experience under their belts.
• Design knowledge. A big part of the effectiveness of solar power systems is in the design. From the size and angle of the panels to how they are connected, it all makes a difference. Solar power systems should be custom designed for your power needs. If anyone offers you a one size fits all solution, run the other way!
• Relevant skills and certifications. Solar panels and solar water heaters require skills and certification in specific trades like electrical and plumbing. Make sure that the company you work with has all the paperwork required to do a legal and safe installation. Solar installers in the Brisbane area should be QBCC members too.
• Free assessments. Look for companies that will give you advice and a quote for free.
• Industry certifications. While not all industry memberships are required, it’s a good idea to look for companies that are members of the CEC and other Solar communities.
It’s always a good idea to get a few quotes from Brisbane solar power installer’s and speak to more than one company when you’re investing in something like solar power or solar water heaters. However, always make sure that the companies you are talking to have the skills, experience, and authorisation to do the job right and make sure that you’re comparing apples with apples!
If you have any doubts about the quotes or information you get, never be scared to ask questions. Solar power is a fantastic investment, but you want to make sure you’re getting value for money.
For a FREE home assessment, call Solahart today!